GTRR

+81-567-66-5730

MOB NAV
How to Finance a Skyline, NSX, Supra or other Classic JDM Sports Car
 Import and Export Process and Regulation Topics   Started by JDM Expo Official   2017-07-06 12:11:05 +05:00   Comments: 17    Viewed: 67229

1. JDM Expo Official
    JDM Expo Official Administrator Staff Member Yatomi

How to finance JDM cars

We get this all the time. You’ve dreamed of Skylines ever since you were little and now are at a place in your life where you can actually own “Godzilla” aka a R32 Nissan Skyline GTR. But, what do you do if you don’t have the $20,000-30,000 in your bank account? You need to find a loan and get financed for the purchase. This is usually a fairly easy and common practice but when dealing with cars that are 25 or more years old and not ever sold in the US financing a Skyline can become a bit of a challenge.

Top 4 Things You Should Have

1. Good credit   - Loans for Skylines is not the “anyone is approved!” financing the local auto dealers offer. It’s recommended to have a 650 or better credit score.
    2. Good income   - Showing you have the means to pay back the loan is important.
    3. A certified appraisal   - Most lenders will require a certified appraisal stating that the car is worth at least the amount to be financed. JDM Expo is happy to provide appraisals on its vehicles both in Japan and in the USA for a small fee.
    4. At least 15% saved   - Its a good idea to have some cash saved. For one reason, a deposit can be given to hold the car while financing is being arranged.

8 Steps to Getting a Loan for a JDM Classic

1.  Talk to one or more of the below lenders before looking for a car.
    2.  Find out if you qualify and how much of a loan you qualify for.
    3.  Contact JDM Expo with your budget and the specifics of what you are looking to purchase (model, color, mileage, mods, etc).
    4.  Once a car is found, place a cash deposit to hold it.
    5.  Bring a bill of sale and a certified appraisal (if required).
    6.  Get check for loan amount.
    7.  Pay balance of car price.
    8.  Drive off in your new Skyline GTR!

Where to look for loans

Most banks will not finance 25 year old imported cars and it can be a challenge to know where to turn. Thanks to our many years of experience we have found some good, reliable places to look for financing for a Nissan Skyline, Toyota Supra or other JDM import.

Local/Military Credit Unions

Credit unions will often provide auto loans for older vehicles like US-legal Nissan Skylines. They are the best option because they are quick, easy and offer great interest rates. If you’re a current or former military member, be sure to look into Navy FCU or USAA. Did you know we’re the number one source of Skylines for military members stationed in Japan? We deal with Navy FCU and USAA extensively and can highly recommend them. If not, you’re sure to find a federal credit union in your area that you can join.

Personal Loans

If you’re not able to get an auto loan, you may be able to get a personal loan. These have slightly higher interest rates but are also easier to get. You will probably need to use the car as collateral for the loan which requires a certified appraisal. A credit union or regular bank can give you a personal loan though credit unions tend to have better interest rates and may also allow you to convert your personal loan into an auto loan down the road.

Online Classic Car Lenders

When you see other importers saying “We can help you get financed” or “Ask about our financing options”, this is what they are referring to. On the one hand, these lenders will finance literally anything from a project to a top level show car. On the other, they tend to have high interest rates, require 10-20% down and can be a headache to get. JJ Best Banc Co. is one of the biggest names in online lending though there are many others. This article by Hemmings lists a few more.

JDM Expo

JDM Expo Official, 2017-07-06 12:11:05 +05:00
  2. Billius Shiph
    Billius Shiph Member
    These cars look terrific, thx for sharing!
    Billius Shiph, 2021-07-09 13:03:25 +05:00
  3. Dendi Brown
    Dendi Brown Member
    That is pretty interesting, my knowledge about finance is low and even more if you want to finance different kind of vehicles but I can suggest in http://usforexbrokers.com/compare/forex-com-vs-oanda/ just paying for an online broker who can helped me to know about it and even improve my knowledge about this theme because I have learned too much about trading and more things in there.
    Dendi Brown, 2021-07-31 15:24:16 +05:00
  4. Haizer Haizer
    Haizer Haizer Member
    I recently did not have enough money to live up to the paycheck, so I decided to use online loans. It took me a long time to find a good service. Then, after asking my acquaintances, I came across PayDay Say https://paydaysay.com/ . It inspires confidence and the reviews are good. The great advantage is that they have their own app on my smartphone. I recommend
    Haizer Haizer, 2021-10-29 22:26:19 +05:00
  5. Talley chan
    Talley chan Member New York
    I was intending to buy a car with the installment but no interest is quite large, so I gave up my intention to buy a car, if I buy a car, I will also choose Nissan Skyline GTR. Racing in 2 player games is an interesting online game site that I found.
    Talley chan, 2021-12-14 14:13:00 +05:00
  6. Randy White
    Randy White Member
    Υπάρχουν μερικά φάρμακα που απλά πρέπει να είστε μαζί σας όταν ταξιδεύετε σε ένα κιτ πρώτων βοηθειών. Δυστυχώς, πολλά από αυτά δεν μπορούν να αγοραστούν χωρίς ιατρική συνταγή. Και δεν παίρνετε συνταγή επειδή δεν έχετε μια αρχή γι ' αυτό. Σε αυτή την περίπτωση, παραγγέλλω αυτό το φάρμακο εδώ online. Με τη βοήθεια πολλών φαρμακείων, μπορείτε να το αγοράσετε χωρίς ιατρική συνταγή. https://andrikofarmakeio.com/kamagra/
    Randy White, 2022-01-18 22:42:38 +05:00
  7. Personal finance tips can help you plan and budget to where you would wisely spend your monthly income. This financetoknow site is also good to consider for you to spare some of your money for emergency expenses.
    Olivia Vaughan, 2022-05-24 12:10:19 +05:00
  8. I am surprised about this post. It has a nice presentation, and clear layout, and the information is meaningful to me. Join fall guys and wordle unlimited to have fun with your friends and family after a hard-working day.
    Aaron Ramsdale, 2022-06-21 09:31:35 +05:00
  9. Ashly William
    Ashly William Member
    Buying a new car is becoming increasingly more difficult with the advent of technological advancements and rate hikes in the automotive industry. The present day changes in transportation has allowed automobile owners to make more efficient decisions based on what kind of car they need and whether or not it is best for them. As a result, new options and features have emerged which allow consumers to purchase cars with cryptocurrency at a lower cost than traditional means. Financebuzz is going to cover some of the methods that consumers can use to buy cars with cryptocurrency in 2022.
    Ashly William, 2022-11-06 20:00:38 +05:00
  10. Nekopoi APK
    Nekopoi APK Member
    É provável que você já tenha tido o prazer de ouvir sobre as air fryer a ar antes. O eletrodoméstico já existe há bastante tempo e agora está ganhando destaque em todos os lares. É uma excelente ferramenta para fazer batatas fritas, nuggets de legumes de frango e costeletas que quase não requerem óleo.
    Nekopoi APK, 2022-11-20 11:56:04 +05:00
  11. Alo max
    Alo max Member
    Alo max, 2022-12-31 06:31:56 +05:00
  12. Pat Jacob
    Pat Jacob Member
    Thanks for sharing this information about financing a JDM classic like the Nissan Skyline. It's indeed a dream for many enthusiasts. Your detailed steps and suggestions on where to look for loans are very helpful for those looking to make their dream car a reality.
    Pat Jacob, 2023-10-02 12:18:57 +05:00
  13. Tulon Richu
    Tulon Richu Member
    Thank you so much for these detailed recommendations! Your insights have been incredibly helpful. It's amazing how a dream car can become more than just a dream with the right information and guidance. I'd also like to share my recent experience. I was in the hunt for the most suitable financing option for my dream car, just like many here. And, thanks to the expert guidance of Mortgage Advisor Sheffield, I was able to make an informed decision and choose the most comfortable car loan with favorable rates, all in line with my budget and goals. It's amazing how the right advice can lead to such a perfect match!
    Tulon Richu, 2023-11-27 22:36:47 +05:00
  14. Otis jame
    Otis jame Member
    you're providing information about geometry dash obtaining a loan for purchasing a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) car, specifically a Nissan Skyline GTR.
    Otis jame, 2023-12-30 12:57:17 +05:00
  15. Otis jame
    Otis jame Member
    you're providing information about geometry dash obtaining a loan for purchasing a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) car, specifically a Nissan Skyline GTR.
    Otis jame, 2023-12-30 12:59:24 +05:00
  16. Laura lorde
    Laura lorde Member
    Demonstrating a stable income is buckshot roulette crucial to assure lenders that you can repay the loan.
    Laura lorde, 2024-01-12 08:56:51 +05:00
  17. Laura lorde
    Laura lorde Member
    Demonstrating a stable income is buckshot roulette crucial to assure lenders that you can repay the loan.
    Laura lorde, 2024-01-12 08:56:51 +05:00
  18. (You must log in or sign up to post here)

Write your reason

Terms & Conditions!
Help!